Prepared for the Unexpected Issues That May Come Your Way
Get a Roof Inspection, Get a Guarantee, Learn About Roof Options and More!
What Should You as a New Homeowner Know About Your Roof?
While becoming a homeowner is an exciting venture, for most first-timers, it can also be a very scary step. Not only does owning a home introduce buyers to the daunting mortgage process, but there are also many things about their home they need to understand in order to ensure that it will protect their loved ones for countless years to come.
The following five tips will help homeowners prepare for the unexpected issues that could come their way:
1. Have a roof inspection performed - Every home needs an inspection before it's sold, but most of the time a house inspector does not climb up on the roof. It's best to hire a roofing professional who can advise you of any upgrades or repairs that need to be addressed. Luckily for you, our highly trained team members at Franciscus Incorporated would be more than happy to assist you by providing a four-part inspection of your roof, attic, ventilation and insulation. Not every roofing company will be this thorough, but we know that each system of the house works together and that it is important to ensure there are no hidden issues. Please give us a call today to learn more.
2. Get a guarantee - Make sure that you get a guarantee of the work a contractor does for you. Also be sure to ask for documentation such as a license number, so that you know to work only with a reputable contractor. Be sure to check out our Tips to Help You Choose a Contractor Wisely to see more on what to look for when choosing a contractor.
3. Learn about roof options - New homeowners especially are not aware of the many choices they have in roofing materials. If energy efficiency is important, be sure that you understand which ones will save you money on your heating or air conditioning bills. If you live in an area that is prone to storms or hail, there are countless benefits of choosing impact-resistant shingles. Please give us a call today to learn more!
4. Invest in preventive maintenance - When you address minor issues ahead of time, you can potentially avoid large, expensive repairs in the long run.
5. Point out the trouble spots - Homeowners should be aware of leak-prone areas such as skylights, flashing, and gutters and learn how to properly take care of them.
Homeowners who are prepared and informed about their roof have a better chance of identifying problems. Also, these homeowners can better ensure that their new home is protected along with everything and everyone inside! If you're a homeowner, and you 1) have questions or concerns, 2) you need a roof inspection, or 3) you need a roof repair or roof replacement, give our qualified team members at Franciscus Incorporated a call at 1-866-STAY-DRY.
The Information Above Was Found On www.GAF.com